A Supply Chain Coordinator is responsible for the supervision of the inbound and outbound traffic, managing the buying and delivery process of goods or services and the placement and delivery of purchase orders. This is a very high profile and responsible role within an organisation, requiring someone who is extremely organised and can cope well under pressure.
Working within the Supply Chain industry can be very rewarding and there are many opportunities to develop a career that includes progression into senior Supply Chain Management. This industry is well suited to someone who is highly motivated and has the drive and enthusiasm in what can be sometimes be a very challenging environment.
What does a Supply Chain Coordinator job description include?
- As a Supply Chain Coordinator it will be your job to manage the buying and delivery process of goods or services on behalf of your company, or a specific client or clients.
- You will negotiate rates with carriers ensuring that you secure the best possible rates inline with the company’s buying policy. You will also coordinate all inbound and outbound traffic, maximising cost-effectiveness and tracking all consignments.
- The Supply Chain Coordinator usually works closely with the Sales Director to ensure the best supply chain solutions are achieved.
- As a Supply Chain Coordinator you will be client facing and therefore you will be require to develop and maintain good client relationships delivering the very best in customer service.
- It is important that as the Supply Chain Coordinator you observe and follow all ISO and health and safety compliances, including the supervision of staff in this respect.
- The preparation of management reports as well as analysing statistical data is also a very important part of this role.
Key skills and qualifications of a Supply Chain Coordinator:
- A Supply Chain Coordinator role usually requires applicants to be educated to degree level and may also require industry standard qualifications.
- A highly motivated and positive attitude is essential to this role as working within the Supply Chain industry can often be very demanding and challenging.
- Often applicants are required to have a solid customer service background and be able to get along with people from all walks of life. A flexible approach to negotiating and a willingness to be able to work to time sensitive deadlines is essential.
- The role of a Supply Chain Coordinator involves problem solving and analytics as well as the ability to be able to communicate both verbally and in writing in a clear and concise manner.
- You must be familiar with Microsoft Office as well as any industry standard computer programs.
How to find more Supply Chain Coordinator jobs within the Supply Chain Industry:
To find more Supply Chain jobs or other jobs within this sector, or to place a vacancy, please contact us.