Working as an Export Analyst requires the coordination of transport and export/import functional activities. It’s a great role that is very varied and provides an excellent career path within Shipping & Logistics.
Establishing a career in this job role will also provide opportunities in many other different areas of Shipping including the role of Import Analyst. The role requires someone who enjoys working as part of a team and liaising with both customers and suppliers.
What does an Export Analyst job description include?
- You will be required to ship and track finished goods to international destinations on behalf of various customers working with different product types.
- You will be required to complete all documentation related to export and import and specific to the exit/destination country.
- Requires analytical skills to determine how best to improve productivity and quality, whilst reducing costs and meeting company sales targets.
- You will collate figures and statistics, providing reports for management.
- You will need a good understanding of transportation solutions and should always be seeking to improve delivery options to customers.
- You may be required to manage a team of people within the Export function, depending upon the position.
- You will be required to establish customer relationships as well as manage any disputes that may arise in the event of delivery problems.
Key skills and qualifications?
- You should be educated to degree level or be able to demonstrate sufficient previous experience.
- You may need to have previous Export experience within the Shipping Industry, or able to demonstrate analyst skills in a commercial environment may be sufficient.
- An Export Analyst needs to have excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Depending upon the job offered, you may need to have extensive import and export documentation knowledge for specific countries.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required in this role, as you will have daily contact with customer and suppliers. Being a team player is also really important and the ability to motivate junior team members.
- Strong analytical and presentational skills are needed in the role of Export Analyst.
- You must be familiar with Microsoft Office, ie Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
How to find more Export Analyst jobs within the Shipping & Logistics Industry:
To find more jobs within this sector, or to place a vacancy, please contact us.