An International Assignment Manager works to manage the provision of expatriate management solutions and consultancy advice. This role includes managing client relationships on an operational level and dealing with issues as they occur.
An International Assignment Manager will have responsibilities in both the management and development of their department. It is therefore essential that any candidate should have a good sound knowledge of International Assignment Management services and appropriate experience to be able to fulfil the position to its full potential and expectation.
What does working in International Assignment Management Services include?
The daily duties of an International Assignment Manager will vary from employer to employer, but generally the following tasks are included in most job descriptions within International Assignment Management Services:
- International Assignment Managers usually act as the principle point of contact for clients and stakeholders, so good communication skills both verbally and written is required.
- You must be able to maintain, manage and organise files and tasks on a daily basis.
- You may be required to oversee an International Assignment Services team that works across areas such as policy design, implementation, delivery, expatriate compensation, benefits planning, payroll and relocation co-ordination.
- Maintaining and reporting on client portfolios against KPIs and therefore an International Assignment Manager must have commercial awareness and numeracy skills.
- You may also be responsible for the overall management of the outsourcing service.
- An International Assignment Manager is expected to develop their client portfolio. This will involve providing proactive advice to their team on how to improve service levels and profitability and brining in new business.
Key skills and qualifications of an International Assignment Manager:
- Must be educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Previous experience within International Assignment Management Services is desirable.
- You will also be responsible for ensuring all services are provided inline with service level agreements, therefore, International Assignment Manager must be highly focused with attention to details.
- You must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- An International Assignment Manager must demonstrate experience in expatriate administration across all kinds of compensation and vendor management services.
- Experience in managing people, this includes supervisor and leadership skills as well as staff development or coaching.
- An understanding of business finance and therefore commercial awareness and numeracy skills are essential.
- An International Assignment Manager must have excellent organisational and time management skills and be able to multi-task, negotiate and work under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Must be familiar with software programs eg Word, Excel, etc.
How to find more International Assignment Manager jobs within the International Assignment Services Industry:
To find more International Assignment Manager jobs or other jobs within this sector, or to place a vacancy, please contact us.