Working as an International Manager within International Removals is a great opportunity to be involved in a global working environment. The key characteristics of an International Manager are self reliance, adaptability to new situations, relationship skills and being sensitive to different cultures.
To become successful in this role, it is important to be strategically aware and to have a global view of your work environment. Working within International removals as a Relocation Manager requires someone with an open mind and a willingness to explore new cultures as part of their role and be sensitive to matters affecting different countries.
What does the job description include?
- As an International Manager, you will be involved in all international moving services for corporate clients ensuring a consistent high level of service is delivered.
- You will be responsible for sourcing suppliers in different global locations to provide removals/relocation services where there are no existing arrangements in place.
- The International Manager must be a good negotiator as he/she will be required to negotiate rates and establish service level agreements with suppliers and shipping agents to facilitate corporate moving to international locations.
- If the Corporate Mover offers relocation services you may be responsible for a team of destination services consultants who will be Supporting a client’s family with regards to destination services ie home search, school search, language and cultural training and providing access to third party providers.
- You will oversee the move management of a client’s personal effects to their new location which will include the assessment of the items to be moved, preparation of costs for client approval, choosing suppliers to carry out the move, management of the packing and unpacking at each location.
- It is the International Manager’s job to manage all costs and expenses on behalf of the client ensuring best rates are achieved. All invoices and receipts will be maintained and submitted as part of the reporting process.
- You will ensure that your team manage all documentation in relation to an international move for clients, including any flights.
Key skills and qualifications of an International Manager or Relocation Manger:
- You will be educated to degree level or hold equivalent educational qualifications. Being able to speak a second language would be an advantage.
- An International Manager needs to demonstrate their understanding of business from a global perspective and so previous experience working in an international environment will be advantageous.
- Having ‘soft skills’ ie sensitivity to different cultures, being open minded and aware of others’ needs is very important.
- As an International Manager or Relocation Manager, you will need to be highly organised and have an understanding of basic accountancy as well as having strong administrative skills.
- You must be familiar with Microsoft Office, i.e. Word, Excel etc.
How to find more International Manager jobs within the HR Global Mobility and Industry:
To find more International Manager jobs or other jobs within this sector, or to place a vacancy, please contact us.