An International Move Manager is the key customer contact point in any relocation project. International move management includes overseeing and arranging the processes involved in relocating a client and their household goods.
The aim of an International Move Manager is to ensure that the expectations of the clients are met and that all projects are run efficiently and profitably. It is therefore essential that a successful candidate must have excellent interpersonal skills as well as a sound understanding of business finance.
What does an International Move Management job description include?
- As an International Move Manager you will be working with a sales team to ensure appointments are booked effectively, therefore, it is important that you have the ability to operate as a team player.
- You will be expected to share sales leads between different departments to benefit both the employer and the client.
- An International Move Manager has to be able to accurately cost up international moves for clients and provide written quotations.
- An understanding of margins is essential to ensure profitability is maintained inline with company requirements, but also the monitoring of competitors in relation to charging.
- Being organised is essential in move management, and therefore successful candidates must be able to manage their diaries effectively and efficiently.
- International Move Managers must also be able to manage client relationships including arranging sales calls, follow-ups and liaising with customers before they move.
- You will also be responsible for arranging invoices and after sales care.
Key skills and qualifications of an International Move Manager:
A candidate for a role within International Move Management will be expected to have specific skills and experience in this industry. Whilst different employers will have different requirements, key skills required by most if not all employers, include:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Previous experience and knowledge of the International Move Management industry is desired unless otherwise stated.
- An understanding of business finance and the calculation of profit margins are essential.
- The ability to interpret sales figures into written reports.
- International Move Managers are expected to secure revenue streams through professionally managing clients’ expectations and adding value to projects with good customer support.
- An International Move Manager must be able to effectively communicate with clients through both written and verbal communications and therefore excellent interpersonal skills are required.
- A full clean driving licence is essential.
How to find more International Move Management jobs within the International Removals Industry:
To find more International Move Manager jobs or other jobs within this sector, or to place a vacancy, please contact us.