Working as a Sales Coordinator within International Removals and Corporate Relocations is a great entry into the Relocations/Removals Industry. This position is very varied and allows for growth into other areas of the industry.
To be successful in this role you will need to have a marketing focus and be competent in generating sales leads and making cold calls. A Sales Coordinator operating in International Relocations and Removals requires excellent negotiating and customer care skills. This role also requires the post holder to have a good understanding of basic computing and strong administrative skills. Ideally previous sales experience from within the International Relocation and Removals industry is required, however a solid sales background may suffice.
What does a Global Sales Coordinator job description include?
- You will be working as part of a team with other Global Sales Coordinators and so it is important that you are able to work as a team player as well as individually.
- An International Sales Coordinator usually has regular if not daily contact with other offices outside of the UK and so good interpersonal skills are required.
- You may be asked to produce weekly or monthly reports for specific trade areas and monitor vessel performance on volume and weight.
- A Sales Coordinator working in International and Corporate Removals will carry out all aspects of sales, including quotes, monitoring sales targets and ensuring that the customer is make aware of all charges and all chargeable events are notified and freighted.
- You may also be responsible for issuing freight tariffs/rates/surcharges and any amendments to internal and external staff.
- A Sales Coordinator will liaise between customers and suppliers to negotiate terms and rates of sale.
- You will be involved in the planning of potential sales targets and following up on sales leads, progressing and chasing where necessary.
- A Sales Coordinator prepares quotes and issues invoices in conjunction with the accounts department, maintaining accurate records at all times.
Key skills and qualifications of a Global Sales Coordinator:
- You will need to have good educational qualifications.
- Previous experience as a Sales Coordinator within International and Corporate Removals would be an advantage, but may not be necessary if you have previous sales experience.
- A Sales Coordinator needs to have excellent communication skills both written and verbal as well as be able to demonstrate good negotiating skills.
- Excellent customer care and interpersonal skills are essential as this role requires daily contact with external agencies and customers.
- A good understanding of basic accounts would be an advantage as well as good administrative skills.
- You must be familiar with Microsoft Office, i.e. Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
How to find more Sales Coordinator jobs within the HR Global Mobility and Relocations Industry:
To find more Global Sales Coordinator jobs or other jobs within this sector, or to place a vacancy, please contact us.