Working within the International Removals Industry as an International Removals Surveyor is extremely rewarding. This is a key role within Relocation Sector offering lots of career opportunities.
As a surveyor, your job would involve estimating the cost of moving household goods for corporate employees or the general public who are considering relocating overseas. The International Removals industry is very rewarding offering a successful candidate the opportunity to meet new people, as this role is client facing and depending upon the employer, the possibility of travelling to different locations.
What does the job involve?
- You will make site visits – all surveyors are expected to visit potential clients’ homes to carry out surveys.
- Liaise with sales and operations teams within International Removals on a daily basis.
- Communicate effectively with the sales and operations teams to prepare quotations for clients.
- Advise Clients of additional services and up-sell wherever possible.
- Respond to customer’s emails and queries.
- Liaise with the private clients or work closely with corporate clients, depending upon employer.
- Prepare surveyor reports for administrative purposes.
What key skills and qualifications does an International Removals Surveyor Job require?
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Have previously worked as an International Removals Surveyor, unless stated otherwise.
- Be able to demonstrate that you can accurately estimate the volume of household goods.
- Have excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Must be familiar with computer software/programs eg Word, Excel.
- Full clean driving licence (with own transport) as an International Removals Surveyor is expected to travel.
How to find more Surveyor jobs within the International Removals Industry:
To find more International Removals Surveyor jobs or other jobs within this sector, or to place a vacancy, please contact us.