A National Account manager is the first point of contact for named accounts within an organisation and is therefore a key role. This job would suit someone who is highly customer focused and has exceptional communication skills.
Working as a National Account Manager within the international and domestic courier industry requires specialist knowledge of the courier and freight industry. This can be the perfect role from which to build a successful career within the international and domestic courier industry.
What does a National Account Manager job description include?
- The National Account Manager is the first point of contact for all named accounts on a daily basis.
- You will use your exceptional communication skills to develop relationships with customers and advise them on appropriate methods of transportation suited to their needs.
- You will be expected to negotiate trading terms and management of spend.
- The National Account Manager is expected to take responsibility for enhancing sales opportunities using their knowledge of the international and domestic courier industry.
- Customer service is a high priority and as a National Account Manager you will be expected to maintain a high level of customer service and to continually manage a customer’s expectations inline with their requirements.
- Generally, you will be working as part of the customer services team and therefore it is essential that you are a team player and understand the importance of working together for the benefit of the company.
Key skills and qualifications of a National Account Manager:
- Depending upon the role, you may be required to have previously held a position as a National Account Manager, or have worked within a sales environment.
- You must have experience and specialist knowledge of the international/domestic courier industry to be able to develop a career as a National Account Manager.
- You must have excellent presentation, analytical, negotiation and influencing skills.
- Exceptional communication skills are required together with the ability to present complex quotations to customers in a simple and understandable way.
- You will be required to hold a full clean driving licence as a National Account Manager job includes travel to customers.
- You must be familiar with industry standard software as well as Microsoft Office Suite.
How to find more National Account Manager jobs within the International & Domestic Courier Industry:
To find more National Account Manager jobs or other jobs within this sector, or to place a vacancy, please contact us.