The Operations Manager is responsible for the implementation of business measures and strategies related to the business. Working in the international and domestic courier industry as an Operations Manager requires someone with specialist knowledge of the industry.
The efficient operation of an organisation is critical to its success and therefore the role of the Operations Manager is a key management position and provides an excellent opportunity to gain an all round understanding of how a business operates.
What does an Operations Manager job description include?
- As an Operations Manager working in the courier industry, you will be required to oversee day-to-day office management tasks, ensuring that all safety regulations are adhered to.
- Customer service is extremely important and in the role of Operations Manager, it will be your job to ensure service levels are maintained and customer satisfaction achieved.
- You will manage a team of people and it will be your responsibility to ensure all training needs are met and that performance is monitored and feedback provided at regular intervals.
- As a member of the management team, you will be expected to prepare, revise and submit reports, budgets and other documentation as required.
- The Operations Manager is responsible for implementing quality management and other regulatory compliance strategies inline with company policy.
Key skills and qualifications of a Operations Manager:
- Prior work experience is usually (delete) required to work in a job in operations management together with a sound understanding of the international/domestic courier industry.
- Strong organisational skills together with the ability to multi-task are essential.
- You must be able to demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of quality assurance principles, methods, design, testing and implementation relating to operations management.
- Excellent leadership and supervisory skills, together with strong interpersonal skills are essential.
- You must be able to problem solve and make decisions under pressure.
- An Operations Manager must have excellent written and numeracy skills.
- You must have competent IT skills and be aware and able to operate industry standard software used in Operations Management within the Courier industry.
How to find more Operations Manager jobs within the International & Domestic Courier Industry:
To find more Operations Manager jobs or other jobs within this sector, or to place a vacancy, please contact us.