QHSE Supervisor is a key member of the organisation as it is their responsibility to ensure a continued process of improvement in the standards of Quality, Health, Safety and Environment.
These days, organisations take health and safety very seriously within the workplace and so the QHSE Superintendent provides a very important service. This job would ideally suit someone who is articulate and has a genuine interest in the workplace environment.
What does a QHSE Superintendent job description include?
- As a QHSE Superintendent it will be your responsibility to provide direction and guidance to the management team and employees on QHSE issues within the workplace.
- The QHSE Superintendent is required to maintain and regularly review all related documentation inline with legal requirements. You will also be required to issue updates and ensure documentation is easily available to all personnel, as well as provide training as and when required.
- Instilling safety awareness to employees is a vital part of the role and so you will be expected to lead by example and to promote best practice at all times with regards to safety at work in all areas.
- As the QHSE Superintendent you will be required to devise the company’s QHSE plan and ensure its implementation.
- Depending upon the size of the organisation, you may also be required to attend regional meetings to exchange ideas and best practice with fellow colleagues.
Key skills and qualifications:
- Ideally, you will be educated to degree level and will be fully experienced in the ISO-9001 compliance and certification process.
- As someone who will be expected to lead a team of people, it is important that you have man management skills and can also operate as a team player.
- The QHSE Superintendent often has to work under pressure and so it is important that you are someone who can remain cool and calm and support and lead your staff at difficult times.
- As well as leading a team of people, you will need to have excellent interpersonal and presentational skills and be able to build relationships with external partners.
- The ability to be able to problem solve, interpret complex issues and motivate others to work to the best of their ability is essential.
- You must be able to work with Microsoft Office as other industry standard computer programs.
How to find more QHSE Superintendent jobs within the Operations/ Technical/Ship Management Industry:
To find more jobs within this sector, or to place a vacancy, please contact us.