An experienced and skilled Road Freight Coordinator will cover all Imports, exports, arranging both full and part loads with hauliers and co-loaders, depending on freight volumes. The Road Freight Coordinator will keep all records up to date, ensuring that any documentation is organised accordingly.
If excelling in this role, the Road Freight Coordinator may have the opportunity to further progress into a Road Freight Manager role. If the above sounds like a career path of interest, please click here to view the full job description.
Road Freight Coordinator Duties:
The role of a Road Freight Coordinator will develop and maintain customer relationships, offering exceptional customer service at all times. As well as this responsibility, you can expect your duties to include the following:
- Liaise with agents and haulage providers to obtain rates in order to provide quotations.
- Arrange collections with the in-house haulier, as well as any third-party carriers that may need to be involved.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with customers, both new and existing.
- Complete all relevant export documentation to current legislations/trade agreements.
Key skills and qualifications of a Road Freight Coordinator:
The following skills will be beneficial to a candidate looking to apply for this role:
- Road Freight knowledge is essential for this role.
- Experience of working for a freight forwarder is a requirement for this role.
- Knowledge of customs procedures is beneficial for this role.
- Clear attention to detail is essential for this role.
- The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator, both written and verbal.
Is a Road Freight Coordinator in your future?
If the above sounds like a position that you would be suitable for, then please contact us here.