Working as a Sales Coordinator within Shipping and Logistics is an excellent opportunity to build a career within a very broad area of sales and marketing that has an international element. In this job, you will work closely with the Sales and Marketing Managers in order to pursue the company’s sales plans and ambitions.
This could be an excellent starting point for anyone wishing to develop their career in the very fast moving and exciting area of the Shipping Industry, as there will be opportunities to be part of developing the strategic sales and marketing initiatives for the company within an international marketplace.
What does a Sales Coordinator job description include?
- You will assist the Sales and Marketing Manager in developing and implementing various marketing activities inline with the company’s requirements.
- You will help devise and develop sales proposals and any marketing collateral the company may require.
- The Sales Coordinator works closely with other team members and will also liaise with external agencies, such as design and marketing companies as well as directly with clients.
- You may be required to maintain certain marketing tools ie, company website, as part of your role as a Sales Coordinator and so it is important that you are fully conversant with web technology.
- You will develop lead generation and help grow the company’s sales thereby improving turnover and profit inline with company targets.
- The Sales Coordinator is expected to maintain client relationships and to follow up any enquiries as well as collect customer feedback and testimonials.
- You may be expected to generate reports and present analysis of marketing statistics as part of monitoring marketing campaigns and initiatives.
Key skills and qualifications of a Sales Coordinator in Shipping?
- You will be educated to degree level preferably with a business and administrative focus. A Marketing qualification is a distinct advantage. Previous experience in the Shipping Industry would also be an advantage.
- You may also be required to contribute copywriting skills and so having an excellent command of English, grammar and copywriting techniques would be a requirement.
- As a Sales Coordinator it is essential that you understand marketing principles and be able to demonstrate how to apply these to the business in a creative and effective manner.
- You need to be able to work with the latest technologies and understand the different types of marketing strategies and how these can be applied, ie PPC, SEO, etc.
- You will be part of a team and so being able to work collaboratively as well as independently is essential.
- A Sales Coordinator must be an effective communicator with excellent interpersonal skills and be able to present to both colleagues and clients.
- The Sales Coordinator is often required to work to tight deadlines and so you must be able to work under pressure and remain clam.
- You must be computer proficient and be able to use Microsoft Office. Some companies may also require proficiency with other software such as Quark or Dreamweaver.
How to find more Sales Coordinator jobs within the Shipping Line/Agency Industry:
To find more Sales Coordinator jobs or other jobs within this sector, or to place a vacancy, please contact us.