An experienced and skilled Sea Freight Coordinator will manage the entire process of forwarding and identifying solutions for any client requirements. The Sea Freight Coordinator will manage the organisation and completion of documentation, ensuring that all documents are completed in a timely and effective manner, and stored accordingly.
The role of a Sea Freight Coordinator will oversee and manage the entire forwarding process, ensuring customer satisfaction through a best practice approach. As well as this responsibility, you can expect your duties to include the following:
- Negotiate and book cargo with shipping lines.
- Complete customs clearances, ensuring full compliance to any relevant regulations.
- Manage documentation flow. This includes bills of lading, packing lists, commercial invoices and certificates of origin and licences.
- Ship out of gauge/project cargo.
- Coordinate the collection/delivery process and manage this until the final destination.
- Work in a small team, covering all aspects of the forwarding process.
- The Sea Freight Coordinator will book all movement of modes of freight.
Key skills and qualifications of a Sea Freight Coordinator:
The following skills will be beneficial to a candidate looking to apply for this role:
- 2+ years of Sea Freight experience is essential for this role.
- Experience dealing with both Imports and Exports is beneficial.
- Knowledge of customs regulations would be desirable
- The ideal candidate will be commercially minded.
- Exceptional communication skills are required for this role.
Is a Sea Freight Coordinator in your future?
If the above sounds like a position that you would be suitable for, then please contact us here.