Vetting and clearance within the Marine Sector is a job that requires someone with extensive knowledge of the Marine and Shipping Industry. The main duty of a Vetting & Insurance Superintendent is to conduct ship inspections to ensure the vessel is operating safely, effectively and efficiently.
Preferably, you will have sailed as a Master or Chief Engineer and will have extensive experience of ship operations/management. This role would ideally suite someone who is career minded as there are many opportunities to progress into other positions within the Maritime Sector after successfully completing a number of years in this position.
What does a Ship Vetting & Insurance Superintendent job description include?
- As a Ship Vetting & Insurance Superintendent you will be required to perform vetting and clearance activities in relation to the vessel you are working on.
- You will be expected to be able to carry out assessments of owner/manager and terminal audit reports to ensure the proper standards are being maintained and their suitability for use.
- You may be responsible for the management of a team of other Ship Vetting and Insurance Superintendents and so it may be a requirement to have experience of managing people.
- This role requires statistical analysis of data and the preparation of reports detailing proposed improvements based on the data analysis.
- You will be required to organise and monitor MOC vetting Inspections, conduct ship inspections, investigation and risk assessments.
- Your role will involve direct liaison with Masters and Senior Officers on vetting issues and other duties as required by the Ship Vetting & Insurance Superintendent.
Key skills and qualifications:
- You must be educated to degree level or be able to demonstrate considerable experience within the Maritime Sector in other positions that have close connections to this role.
- You may be expected to hold a Lead Auditor qualification to take on the role of Ship Vetting & Insurance Superintendent.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills together with sound numeracy skills are a requirement.
- Leadership and reasoning skills are important and will be widely used in the role of Ship Vetting & Insurance Superintendent.
- Ability to work as part of a team and to management people effectively.
- A sound understanding of Microsoft Office is essential.
How to find more Ship Vetting & Insurance Superintendent jobs within the Marine Industry:
To find more jobs within this sector, or to place a vacancy, please contact us.