The job of Tax Compliance Manager carries responsibility for identifying and mitigating risk for both personal and corporate clients. Successful candidates will be fully conversant with business and personal tax and will have significant previous experience as a Compliance Manager.
A job in taxation at management level requires someone with attention to detail, the ability to be able to work unsupervised and with a very strong practical knowledge of tax compliance. A Tax Compliance Manager must also be fully capable of preparing statutory financial statements and related tax returns.
What does a Tax Compliance Manager job description include?
- The primary role of a Tax Compliance Manager is to bring together and review tax returns on behalf of a personal client or corporation.
- The preparation of annual tax returns and supporting financial statements on behalf a personal client or corporation.
- The Tax Compliance Manager will liaise with the tax authorities on behalf of the client to resolve any queries or issues arising in relation to tax returns to be submitted.
- You may also be required to have input into group planning in relation to tax capacity for the organisation.
- Depending upon the vacancy, as a Tax Compliance Manager you may have staff management responsibilities, which would include staff supervision and training.
- The Tax Compliance Manager will be required to liaise with other advisors both internally and externally to ensure all tax submissions accurately reflect all transactions within tax reporting.
Key skills and qualifications of a Tax Compliance Manager?
- The successful candidate must be a qualified accountant and have practical knowledge of tax compliance. Previous experience of the financial services would be an advantage, although may not be essential.
- As a Tax Compliance Manager you will have excellent numerate and problem solving skills with attention to detail and be proactive in your approach to your work.
- You must have significant experience in the preparation and submission of tax returns and related statutory financial statements and have experienced a minimum of one full reporting cycle.
- You must be an excellent communicator and be able to present information in a clear and concise manner to clients or senior officers of the organisation.
- As a Tax Compliance Manager you will be expected to contribute fully to the development of the organisation and to take on new responsibilities if required to further develop identified opportunities for the company.
- You will be expected to be familiar with all industry standard taxation computer packages relevant to the role of Tax Compliance Manager.
How to find more Tax Compliance Manager jobs within the Assignment Services and Global Mobility Industry:
To find more Tax Compliance jobs or other jobs within this sector, or to place a vacancy, please contact us.