A skilled and experienced Vice President of Global Tax and Compensation will develop, coordinate and implement a tax and compensation service delivery strategy for the client base, ensuring to implement best practice services where necessary. The Vice President of Global Tax and Compensation will manage a team of tax and compensation professionals, working to lead and ensure the timely and accurate delivery of all client deliverables. You will act as an industry expert in multiple subject areas relating to assignment management and will serve as the main senior point of contact for all regional clients.
Vice President Global Tax and Compensation Duties:
The role of a Vice President of Global Tax and Compensation will supervise the review and progression of project deliverables, monitoring for accuracy and adherence to company policies. As well as this responsibility, you can expect your duties to include the following:
- Oversee and manage the day-to-day operations of the tax and compensation team, including daily interaction with team members, presentations during staff meetings and the training of the relevant staff on processes and technologies.
- Ensure the delivery of services from the international tax and compensation team, including cost projections, compensation worksheets, assignment letters, payroll, shadow payroll reporting and global compensation collection and review.
- Develop and implement current assignment processes, ensuring best practices are adhered to across the entire client base.
- Support sales efforts. This will include responding to proposals, presentations, technology demonstrations, client summit participation, and industry networking where possible.
- Exercising judgement on suitable responses to requests, or questions received from the client
- Ensure that best practice and approved processes are utilised by the team at all times.
- Identify any breakdowns or deficiencies in company processes as they occur, continually evaluating existing processes and making recommendations for change where necessary.
- Develop and implement the company’s tax policies where necessary, offering suggestions on how to improve the company’s processes.
Key skills and qualifications of a Vice President Global Tax and Compensation:
The following skills will be beneficial to a candidate looking to apply for this role:
- Many years of experience in expatriate tax compliance, compensation, payroll and/or assignment management.
- An advanced knowledge of global income and social tax laws is essential for this role.
- Strong project management, organisational and analytical skills are essential for this role.
- Strong people management skills and the ability to provide guidance and leadership to a team of individuals is essential for this role
- A bachelor’s degree is required for this role.
- A Master’s degree in a relevant area is usually preferred.
Is a Vice President Global Tax and Compensation job in your future?
If the above sounds like a position that you would be suitable for, then please contact us here.