Our client is looking for a full time Gallery Registrar to join their team at their brand-new gallery opening in LA.
This individual will need to show self -determination, initiative and possess strong people skills. A passion for the art world is also important as this position will include exhibition installation, production and shipping.
- Manging inventory and producing condition reports which relate to the receipt, storage and preservation of works.
- Coordinating shipments and installations for sale, fairs, and exhibitions. This will include safe handling, packing and documentation of work.
- Negotiating with a number of different shipping companies to ensure the most cost-effective and accurate shipments and estimates.
- Participating in gallery installations, fairs and openings including any external events which may take place outside of normal hours and include travel.
- Overseeing the framing and stretching of artworks that are being shipped.
- Manging the staffing needs for the gallery including budgeting, quotations and keeping up to date records for service providers.
- Assisting with the photography of gallery exhibitions and works as and where needed.
- Working closely alongside the gallery director to deal with sales requests and organising specific collector viewings.
- Handling any incoming mail enquiries which include deliveries.
- Ensuring that the gallery space remains presentable and liaising with the landlord to oversee any repairs that may be required.
- A minimum of 5 years hands-on experience in a gallery, artist studio or similar.
- Proven understanding and experience of the language, structure and culture within the art world.
- Have excellent communication skills alongside working in a group environment.
- Flexibility for travel both nationally and internationally, with notice.
- Ability to show strong IT skills which includes using gallery / inventory systems.