A job as a Business Developer within the Commercial Relocations or Removals industry is a great place to build a successful career. The primary role of a Business Developer is to grow the company’s profits through attracting new customers and increasing the company’s market share.
Jobs in business development within the Commercial Relocation and Removals sector can offer great career opportunities as this is a specialist area and also offers the opportunity to work at an international level. Key skills include an understanding of how a business is run, excellent interpersonal skills, a sound knowledge of the industry and the ability to see and develop business opportunities.
What does a Commercial Relocations or Removals Business Developer job description include?
- As a Business Developer you may be working as part of a team and so it is important that you able to work both autonomously when needed but be a team player also.
- Business Developers must have a sound understanding of how a business operates and be able to interpret and analyse reports and financials.
- As a Business Developer working within Commercial Relocations and Removals you will be expected to have a good understanding of the industry.
- It will be your responsibility to organise and manage your own time and so good organisation skills are essential as the majority of your time will be taken up with visiting potential new clients and maintaining relationships with existing clients.
- Business development heavily relies on presenting business ideas to clients and so you will be involved in creating and presenting presentations in both verbal and written format as well as writing formal proposals on behalf of the organisation.
- You will be required to achieve sales targets as set by your senior manager or director and so a strong sense of commitment and a determination to succeed is essential.
Key skills and qualifications of a Commercial Relocation or Removals Business Developer:
- You must be educated to degree level or equivalent, preferably with a business-based degree, or you must be able to demonstrate a proven track record in Business Development.
- You may be required to have previously worked in the Commercial Relocation or Removals industry, however, if you are able to demonstrate excellent business development skills and a basic understanding of the industry, this may be sufficient.
- As a Business Developer, it is important that you have excellent interpersonal skills and are able to network and present ideas and suggestions, which have been well thought through and can be easily understood.
- You must have a good understanding of basic business finance and be able to interpret and prepare business calculations.
- As a Business Developer you must have strong analytical skills and be able to problem solve.
- Confidence is essential for the Business Developer and the ability to cold call potential clients.
- You will be familiar with industry standard software such as Microsoft Office etc.
How to find more Commercial Relocation or Removal Business Development jobs within the Commercial Relocation/Records Management Industry:
To find more Commercial Relocation or Removal Business Development jobs or other jobs within this sector, or to place a vacancy, please contact us.