A skilled and experienced Airfreight Coordinator will prepare and supply quotes to clients and overseas agents in a timely and efficient manner. The Airfreight Coordinator will communicate and establish excellent relationships with air carriers, overseas agents and co-workers in order to ensure the best possible competitive rates, whilst ensuring excellent productivity and customer satisfaction. Taking the responsibility of assisting with ad-hoc duties, you will maintain administration documents, keeping them up to date and accurate.
If excelling in this role, the Airfreight Coordinator may have the opportunity to further progress into an Airfreight Manager role. If the above sounds like a career path of interest, please view the full job description.
Airfreight Coordinator Duties:
The role of an Airfreight Coordinator will assist with building client, carrier & agent relationships that allow you to network and obtain preferential rates that will assist with productivity levels. As well as this responsibility, you can expect your duties to include the following:
- Coordinate all Air Import/Export Freight activities. This may include quotations, bookings, documentation, data entry, shipment tracking and tracing, and billing.
- Issue airwaybills and invoice clients and agents, as well as organising documentation and shipping records accurately in a timely manner.
- Communicate on a daily basis with airlines, vendors, truckers, customers, warehouse contacts, sales representatives and overseas offices where necessary.
- Assist with IATA & CASS reports as required.
- Verify weights and dimensions of cargo, keeping records of your findings.
- Advise clients concerning terms of delivery, payment, air insurance, air services, transport alternatives etc.
- Handle requirements for any dangerous or controlled goods and ensure that the proper export controlled permits and licensees have been acquired.
- Report to the Airfreight Manager with a monthly performance report of P/L.
- Check all payable invoices before sending them to the accounting department.
- Monitor outbound/inbound traffic activities for the load quality and accuracy.
- Ensure all documentation, such as invoices, AWB and other related documents for both outbound and inbound shipments are completed accurately and in a timely manner and forwarded to any relevant parties.
- Maintain the company’s CRM system, ensuring the input of client data is completed accurately and kept up to date.
- Monitor and review all billing and shipping costs.
Key skills and qualifications of an Airfreight Coordinator:
The following skills will be beneficial to a candidate looking to apply for this role:
- Previous experience dealing with Air Freight both Imports and Exports
- Strong customer service skills are essential for this role.
- Exceptional English communication skills, both verbal and written, are an essential for this role.
- Excellent computer skills in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), CHIEF, ASM Sequoia etc.
- The ability to work under pressure, multi-task, organise and prioritise workload in order to meet numerous deadlines is essential for this role.
Is an Airfreight Coordinator in your future?
If the above sounds like a position that you would be suitable for, then please contact us here.