The Area Operations Manager’s role within an organisation is one which is primarily involved in all aspects of the organisation’s health and safety, reporting and monitoring teams and individual performances, as well as overseeing the application of all company standards, policies, procedures and behaviour.
This role is perfectly suited to someone who has a keen eye for detail and is highly organised and analytical in his or her approach to their work. Depending upon the company, you may be based either in the UK or overseas. As an Area Operations Manager working within the international/domestic courier industry, you would be responsible for a specific location including all personnel and processes involved in the operation of that area.
What does an Area Operations Manager job description include?
- The Area Operations Manager is responsible for the management of depot managers to ensure each location is compliant with all company activities and meets the organisations KPI’s and SLA’s.
- The Area Operations Manager is responsible for ensuring the management of deliveries from suppliers and the despatch of goods is both timely and efficient and complies with service level agreements.
- The management of both permanent and contract staff is also part of the role of Area Operations Manager. You will also be involved in any recruitment and, when required, disciplinary action.
- You will be expected to prepare monthly reports inline with company requirements detailing how you and your teams have performed against company targets.
- The Area Operations Manager is expected to participate in budget management and budget implementation processes for the courier services business.
Key skills and qualifications of an Area Operations Manager
- You must be commercially aware and be able to work to tight deadlines in order to achieve maximum efficiency for the organisation. Previous work experience or knowledge of the Courier Industry is advantageous.
- An Area Operations Manager must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills as customer liaison is required to ensure service level agreements are being met.
- Strong operational analytical and numeric skills and the ability to simplify complex ideas are essential.
- Area Operations Managers must have excellent leadership qualities and have team leadership skills.
- You must be familiar with all industry standard software as well as Microsoft Office Suite.
How to find more Area Operations Manager jobs within the International/Domestic Courier Industry:
To find more Area Operations Manager jobs or other jobs within this sector, or to place a vacancy, please contact us.