As an Area Sales Executive, you will be given a designated area in which to sell the company’s portfolio. A role as a Sales Executive is a great place to start if you want to develop a career in sales and it’s from here that you can work your way up within a sales team to a senior sales position.
An Area Sales Executive will work as part of a team and will be given a personal sales target as well as a team sales target. This job is perfectly suited to someone who enjoys a challenge and working closely with customers. You will usually be provided with a company car and an expense account in order to service customers. It is an environment that is sales target driven and so this role is not a 9 to 5 job and is best suited to someone who can work flexible working hours in order to achieve optimum results.
What does an Area Sales Executive job description include?
- As an Area Sales Executive you will be given a patch to work and it will be your responsibility to develop your customer base in that area.
- Weekly/monthly or quarterly sales targets may be set and it is up to you to achieve targets, which could be linked to a commission based salary.
- You may also be expected to achieve a set number of ‘visit’ targets inline with your sales targets for new business and/or maintaining existing customers.
- Area Sales Executives are expected to prepare and submit weekly/monthly reports detailing progress against targets.
Key skills and qualifications of a Area Sales Executive:
- You must hold a clean driving licence.
- Previous experience as a Sales Executive may not be required, but you should be able to demonstrate a sound understanding of sales techniques, together with good commercial awareness and understanding of the International/Domestic Courier Industry.
- Area Sales Executives require excellent interpersonal, communication, listening and negotiation skills.
- Good numeracy and presentation skills are essential in this role.
- You must be able to operate Microsoft Windows Office Suite.
How to find more Area Sales Executive jobs within the International & Domestic Courier Industry:
To find more Area Sales Executive jobs or other jobs within this sector, or to place a vacancy, please contact us.