As an Art Fair Director, your main responsibilities will include the organisation and overseeing of the entire process of the Art Fair. It is essential that you are an extremely organised and efficient individual, allowing you assist in the creation of seamless Art Fairs.
As an Art Fair Director, you can expect your duties to include the following:
- You will be responsible to plan and oversee the creation and the logistics of the art fair that you’re organising. You will also be responsible for setting strict budgets and deadlines to be adhered to by those who are assisting in the creation of the fair.
- You will be required to oversee each individual department, working on the fair throughout the entire duration in order to ensure all deadlines are met.
- You will liaise with all high-end clients and contracts for VIP and business development purposes.
- You will organise marketing strategies and contact press and advertising agencies.
- You will be responsible for organising sponsorships and donors for the funding of fairs.
- Employing necessary staff, ensuring the smooth running of events and fairs.
- Networking throughout the duration of a fair, in order to represent and publicise.
Key skills and qualifications of an Art Fair Director:
The following skills will be beneficial to a candidate looking to apply for this role:
- Previous directing and event management experience is essential for this role.
- Previous experience working within the art industry is required.
- Exceptional organisational skills are essential.
- A large and relevant client portfolio is beneficial.
- Strong media and marketing skills are essential.
Is an Art Fair Director job in your future?
If the above sounds like a position that you would be suitable for, then please contact us here.