As an Art Transport Manager, your main responsibility will be the management and organisation of the entire transport process of Fine Art. Additionally, you will be responsible for managing staff and monitoring progress.
As an Art Transportation Manager, you can expect your duties to include the following:
- You will be responsible for an array of fleet management duties, such as ensuring that the correct shipments arrive at their desired destinations, in both a cost effective and timely manner.
- You will be responsible for the planning of the operation in order to guarantee labour and resources are effectively utilised.
- You will be required to produce regular fleet schedules, for drivers both domestically and internationally.
- You will be required to to produce KPI reports relating to operational distribution.
- You will need to ensure all rules, regulations and healthy and safety procedures are in place and correctly adhered to.
- You will be responsible for identifying areas of development within your staff, as well as managing shift patterns and hours.
- You will need to ensure that the fleet has been serviced and regular vehicle maintenance checks are carried out.
- You will need to develop new business strategies and contribute to the profitable growth of the business.
- You will be responsible for monitoring progress throughout the transportation process and will act as a first point of contact if any issues are to arise.
Key skills and qualifications of an Art Transport Manager:
The following skills will be beneficial to a candidate looking to apply for this role:
- You will need a clear understanding of Fine Art Transportation and Logistics.
- Previous fleet and vehicle maintenance experience is a requirement.
- Previous experience within a similar role is essential.
- Additional licenses, such as a CPC, are preferred.
- Competent IT skills in Microsoft Office, Excel and Outlook are essential.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills are crucial for this role.
- Exceptional leadership skills and the ability to effectively manage a team of staff is crucial for this role.
- The flexibility to work outside of standard working hours when required.
- A full driving license is required for this role.
Is an Art Transport Manager job in your future?
If the above sounds like a position that you would be suitable for, then please contact us here.