An accomplished and skilled Benefits Analyst, working within the Human Resources sector, will be a postholder to analyse current industry trends and benefits that would be considered attractive to retain and attract prospective applicants and current staff, working to understand how best to meet the benefit objectives of your company. Researching and analysing data in order to present findings and recommendations is fundamental to the success of the benefits process, and therefore experience within delivery both written and verbal results is greatly beneficial. As an integral area expertise, you work with many different departments within the organisation and so exceptional communication and collaboration skills are an essential requirement for the success of this role.
If excelling in this role, the Benefits Analyst may have the opportunity to further progress into a Benefits Manager role. If the above sounds like a career path of interest, please view the full job description.
Benefits Analyst Job Duties:
The role of a Benefits Analyst requires the collection and analysis of key data relating to the benefits process. As well as this responsibility, you can expect your duties to include the following:
- Researching industry best practice and employment trends to ensure the company is competitive.
- Create employee packages appropriate to job grades and inline with company financial limitations.
- Explain benefits packages and any changes that may occur to existing employees through regular meetings and responding to questions requiring further investigation.
- Regularly evaluating the benefits and company facilities being offered to its personnel.
- Prepare and review company contracts of employment in relation to employee benefits.
- Attending meetings to represent the company as required.
- Manage benefits data and present findings to the benefits manager.
Key skills and qualifications of a Benefits Analyst:
The following skills will be beneficial to a candidate looking to apply for this role:
- Being educated to Degree level is preferred for this role.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills are an essential requirement for this role.
- Previous experience in benefits analysis.
- Strong experience in researching and analysing information is extremely beneficial for this role.
- Numerate and logical reasoning skills are a requirement for this role.
- The ability to demonstrate discretion and maintain confidentiality is an important factor for the Benefits Analyst, and must be demonstrated at all times.
- A structured and organised individual is ideal for this role.
- Exceptional reporting and presentational skills are an essential for this role.
- An excellent understanding of HR processes.
- Strong MS Office skills, particularly Excel.
Is a Benefits Analyst job in your future?
If the above sounds like a position that you would be suitable for, then please contact us here.