An Expatriate Compensation and Benefits Consultant will usually work within a large multi national corporation or a specialist professional services consultancy as part of a Global Compensation and Benefits team.
They may work within an Assignment Services (Outsourcing) Department and will deal with the employees of multinational companies. These employees will have been sent on international assignments, so they will require specialist services to manage their pay and benefits. A Compensation And Benefits Consultant will work as part of the team that gathers, consolidates and provides information on pay and benefits issues.
What does an Expatriate Compensation and Benefits Consultant job involve?
- This role requires employees to liaise with client contacts, including payroll and accounts teams.
- Expatriate Benefits and Compensation Consultants will support clients with compliance and risk management.
- The role may also include cost variance analysis, accruals management and total cost reporting and advisory.
- An Expatriate Compensation And Benefits Consultant will need to collect and consolidate compensation data for tax and social security compliance.
- They will also need to carry out management information reporting and may need knowledge of internal HR administration or tax compliance experience.
- Expatriate Benefits and Compensation Consultants prepare budget updates and compensation balance sheets. They may also need to work with payroll instructions, accounts payable and systems used to deliver compensation accumulation.
- Expatriate Benefits and Compensation Consultants will review and audit multiple data sources for quality assurance. They must also review and supervise the administration of Global Compensation services.
- This role can involve providing operational guidance and training to team members. It may also involve finding and implementing improvements to team efficiency.
- An employee in this role is responsible for meeting contractual SLAs and KPIs. They must review and escalate country or client-specific issues and queries. Expatriate Benefits and Compensation Consultants will need to conduct initial reviews of client deliverables.
Key skills and qualifications of a Benefits and Compensation Consultant
- Ideal candidates will be educated to degree level or equivalent and be able to demonstrate their understanding of the industry through past experience.
- Expatriate Benefits and Compensation Consultants must be confident, assertive and able to lead projects. They will also need to be culturally sensitive and confident working in a client environment. Ideally, candidates for this type of role will have experience in consulting and advisory services with an understanding of global mobility policies and philosophies.
- An understanding of compensation balance sheets and payroll instructions and International tax compliance is desirable.
- The ability to work with third parties and teams in other geographic locations. Expatriate Benefits and Compensation Consultants must therefore be strong communicators with a positive attitude.
- Good numerical and financial skills are required as this role is heavily involved in preparing financial returns and reports as well as interpretation of financial data.
- Expatriate Benefits and Compensation Consultants must be detail focused, inquisitive and strong problem solvers. They must approach projects in a logical, organised manner and must be able to use review and manipulate spreadsheets for data analysis. They will also need to work with data from multiple sources across various formats. They must be comfortable working to tight deadlines in a pressurised environment.
- Must be familiar with computer software programs eg Mircrosoft Office, Excel and specified accounting programs of employer.
How to find more Expatriate Compensation and Benefits Consultant jobs within the Assignment Services & Global Mobility industry:
To find more Expatriate Compensation and Benefits Consultant jobs or other jobs within this sector, or to place a vacancy, please contact us.