An Expatriate Compensation and Benefits Manager will generally work in a large multi-national company or a professional services company within a specialist Assignment Services Department. They will be responsible for managing compensation and benefits for expatriates working on assignment.
The Expatriate Compensation and Benefits Manager will manage a specialist team that works to gather and provide information. The information they put together will be centred around the pay and benefits for employees on global assignments
What does an Expatriate Compensation and Benefits Manager job involve?
- An Expatriate Compensation and Benefits Manager will be in charge of a specialist team. This team will work with cost variance analysis and the collection and consolidation of compensation for tax and social security compliance.
- The Expatriate Compensation and Benefits Manager will also work with accruals management, total cost reporting and advisory, plus management information reporting.
- The Expatriate Compensation and Benefits Manager and their team will support clients with payroll compliance and risk management.
- Employees in this role will be responsible for managing and monitoring the daily operations of their team. This could include managing and monitoring quality, introducing process improvements and developing best practice techniques.
- An Expatriate Compensation and Benefits Manager will work with quality metrics and team utilisation. They will manage their team’s projects, ensuring they are delivered on time and on budget.
- This role is also responsible for approving budgets for new engagements and planning the annual service delivery.
- An Expatriate Compensation And Benefits Manager is responsible for resolving any service issues experienced by clients and must manage their team to meet with KPIs and SLAs. They will regularly contact clients for service reviews and need to be client and solutions focused.
- This role may also include selecting and interviewing for new staff for the Expatriate Compensation and Benefits team. As well as motivate, mentor, train and coach team members.
Key skills and qualifications of an Expatriate Compensation and Benefits Manager:
- Must be educated to degree level or equivalent, with some financial qualification or training.
- An Expatriate Compensation and Benefits Manager needs to have a broad range of management skills with specialist industry knowledge and be culturally sensitive.
- Experience of a Global Mobility environment with knowledge of assignment services and assignee compensation is usually needed.
- An Expatriate Compensation and Benefits Manager must be confident working with payroll and accounts payable.
- Experience of compensation accumulation engagement would be desirable
- A successful candidate will need to be a clear communicator and a strong negotiator.
- Problem solving and strong interpersonal skills are also a key requirement for an Expatriate Compensation and Benefits Manager. Being adaptable, flexible and enjoying working under pressure and to tight deadlines. They must also be able to identify risks and escalate them as appropriate.
- Experience of running a global mobility engagement for a client, either in tax compliance, assignment services or global employment taxes environment would be desirable.
- Must be familiar with computer software programs eg Microsoft Word, Excel and any accounting programs specified by employers.
How to find more Expatriate Compensation and Benefits Manager jobs within the Assignment Services and Global Mobility Industry:
To find more International Expatriate Compensation and Benefits Manager jobs or other jobs within this sector, or to place a vacancy, please contact us.