An Expatriate Payroll Manager will usually work as part of a Global Expatriate Compensation and Benefits Management Team. This job involves coordinating and delivering international payroll services to clients with employees on international assignments.
This includes the preparation and coordination of payrolls in the UK and/or multiple locations abroad. Expatriate Payroll Careers can offer opportunities for candidates to learn and develop their professional skills.
The role of an Expatriate Payroll Manager can vary from one employer to the next, but generally, the following tasks are common:
- Daily, you will be liaising with clients, human resources, internal and outsourced payroll teams as this role involves managing the funding process from client to local payroll teams.
- An Expatriate Payroll Manager will need to liaise with overseas offices to resolve client queries. Foreign languages are therefore seen as beneficial.
- You will need to manage all parts of the payroll process, including payroll instruction and statutory withholding calculations. They will also need to manage the funding process including the delivery of payments to assignees and local authorities. An Expatriate Payroll Manager will need to be confident calculating tax for modified PAYE/NIC arrangements.
- An Expatriate Payroll Manager needs to be confident manipulating data ready for uploading payroll instructions to a company database. They will also review and reconcile local payroll files and be confident consolidating information from different sources.
- You will be part of a team within Expatriate Tax and so excellent communication skills, both written and verbal is required and will be used daily.
Key skills and qualifications of an Expatriate Payroll Manager:
- You must be education to degree level together with some experience in payroll, finance or accounting.
- An Expatriate Payroll Manager is also client facing and so good interpersonal skills are required.
- You must demonstrate strong technical capability in terms of expatriate payroll including, tax residency rules, international social security, and an understanding of tax equalization
- Very strong data management and analysis skills are essential together with some management experience.
- Excellent organisational skills and a logical approach to work is a key skill in a Payroll Manager.
- CIPP qualification is desirable
- You will also need to be a strong multi-tasker with good attention to detail and the ability to work to under pressure. An Expatriate Payroll Manager needs to be deadline and results driven, with an enthusiastic, questioning nature.
- Must be familiar with computer software eg Microsoft Word, working with database and other accounting packages relevant to the employer.
How to find more about Expatriate Payroll Careers within the Assignment Services and Global Mobility:
To find more Expatriate Payroll Manager jobs or other jobs within this sector, or to place a vacancy, please contact us.