The role of a Fine Art Business Developer is very specialised requiring the postholder to have knowledge of business development and preferably fine art. The principal task of a Fine Art Business Developer is to research and secure new business opportunities for fine art shipping companies.
This usually requires the Fine Art Business Developer to contact art galleries, museum, auction houses and private collectors to sell the services of the company they represent.
What does a Fine Art Business Developer job description include?
- The Fine Art Business Developer is responsible for sourcing and developing new relationships with prospective clients as well as maintaining established contacts.
- You will be required to attend network events, forums and meet regularly with clients.
- The Fine Art Business Developer must keep up with market trends and events within the industry and so you will be continually researching and exploring the world of fine art.
- You will support customer services and account management.
- The Fine Art Business Developer will take an active role within sales planning and liaise with other members of the organisation to ensure that they are working towards the company’s business aims and objectives.
Key skills and qualifications of a Fine Art Business Developer:
- You should hold a degree qualification and have a background in business development.
- You may be required to have worked in a business development role, but not necessarily within art, although a fine arts background would be an advantage.
- A Fine Art Business Developer must have a sound understanding of business development principles and be able to read a basic set of company accounts and prepare financial reports associated with their work.
- A Fine Art Business Developer must be an excellent communicator and be able to work with clients to reach agreement that is both suitable to the organisation and to them.
- You must be well organised and able to maintain clear and accurate records.
- You should be competent in Microsoft Office and be familiar with CMR systems.
How to find more Fine Art Business Developer jobs within the Fine Art Removals and Shipping Industry:
To find more Fine Art Business Developer jobs or other jobs within this sector, or to place a vacancy, please contact us.