As a Gallery Technician your main responsibility will be to work behind the scenes to move artworks and ensure that the entire Gallery runs smoothly.
Gallery Technician Job Duties:
As a Gallery Technician, you can expect your duties to include the following:
- You will be responsible for handling and transporting artworks throughout the Gallery Space.
- You will be responsible for the installation and hanging or artworks for exhibitions, assisting the curator. You may also be responsible for the packing and wrapping of artworks.
- You will deal with the IT and admin for the gallery, adding data into internal systems and managing the internal database.
- You will be responsible for carrying out condition reports for artworks, assessing for damages.
- You will liaise with conservators for artworks leaving or returning after restoration.
- You will be responsible for the upkeep of general building maintenance.
Key skills and qualifications of a Gallery Technician:
The following skills will be beneficial to a candidate looking to apply for this role:
- Experience with handling and installing artworks is essential.
- Previous experience working in a similar role within a Gallery is required.
- Excellent computer literacy skills are extremely beneficial.
- The ability to troubleshoot with high attention to detail is crucial.
- Good building and IT maintenance experience is required.
- You will need to be trustworthy and reliable when carrying expensive artwork.
Is a Gallery Technician job in your future?
If the above sounds like a position that you would be suitable for, then please contact us here.