An experienced and skilled Head of Customs Brokerage will manage a team of customs brokers/coordinators, working to clear shipments of imported goods, and preparing documentation for exported shipments. The Head of Customs Brokerage will work to maintain positive client relationships and develop new customer relations, offering area expertise in order to promote the company’s services.
If excelling in this role, the Head of Customs Brokerage may have the opportunity to further progress into a Director of Customs Brokerage role. If the above sounds like a career path of interest, pleaseclick hereto view the full job description.
The role of a Head of Customs Brokerage will assist with the clearing of shipments and imported goods. As well as this responsibility, you can expect your duties to include the following:
- Responsible for managing all aspects of the Customs Brokerage Department: carry out customs entry and perform good customer service
- Maintenance of customs clearance process & trucking in time to achieve the growth and the profit objectives of the company
- Source the best qualified 3rd part customs broker and truckers and proceed to become approved service providers.
- Maintain and monitor all customs licenses and certificates, ensuring they are kept up to date.
- Develop and maintain both new and existing customer relationships, promoting the company’s services.
- Manage and offer advice on custom legislation where necessary.
- Consult and provide training where necessary in order to encourage progression within your team.
- Manage and assist with commercial business development, implementing changes where necessary.
- Allocate and assign qualified representatives to their relevant departments.
Key skills and qualifications of a Head of Customs Brokerage:
The following skills will be beneficial to a candidate looking to apply for this role:
- A strong knowledge and experience UK, US and EU customs regulations.
- Global Customs experience is essential for this role, with an up to date knowledge of all relevant legislations.
- Strong team management experience is essential for this role.
- A proven previous experience in a customs and VAT multinational environment is essential for this role.
- Experience in selling logistic solutions is essential for this role.
- A strong sense of responsibility and great leadership skills are essential for this role.
- Expert knowledge of global customs systems such a CHIEF, ACE, ENS etc.
Is a Head of Customs Brokerage your future?
If the above sounds like a position that you would be suitable for, then please contact us here.