Logistics Coordination is key within the global marketplace where global channel mediators are vital. They are also responsible for communication with clients, efficiency and the resolution of transportation issues.
While the role is full on and fast paced within a team environment, it is a varied and rewarding job with duties ranging from documenting logistics calls to assisting vendors with pricing and selection. There are many job opportunities to move upward through the global Shipping and Logistics sector, particularly given the job requires high attention to detail, which an invaluable quality within the industry.
What does a Logistics Coordinator job description include?
- Effective communication is key since the job primarily involves liaising with clients, couriers and other operational departments.
- You must be able to organise personnel, and assist with training as required, whilst also organising budgets and courier expenses.
- It is your responsiblity to ensure that quality assurance checks are completed and maintained.
- You may also be required to assist clients with product selection and pricing to improve transportation routes.
- You are especially responsible for monitoring deliveries, ensuring customer satisfaction and maintaining accurate logs of all transportation and goods.
Key skills and qualifications of a Logistics Coordinator
- You must have a high level of education and experience within an office environment, international shipping and stock management.
- Organisation skills and and logic thinking is essential as you must be willing to adapt quickly to changing policies and procedures.
- Ideally work as part of a team in a fast paced and pressured environment, communicating effectively with both colleagues and clients and following verbal and written instructions.
- Efficiently solve problems relating to sales, finance and transportation of goods in locations both national and overseas.
- Operate Microsoft Office and be familiar with any other software pertinent to your industry.
How to find more Logistics Coordinator jobs within the Shipping and Logistics industry:
To find the latest job opportunities within this sector, or to place a vacancy, please contact us.