An experienced and skilled Logistics Manager will manage the entire order cycle and processes, working to implement business development changes where necessary and ensuring sustainability and customer satisfaction at all times. They will evaluate performance levels and the quality of customer satisfaction in order to implement changes in processes if needed or suggest areas of improvement.
What does a Logistics Manager Job Description include?
The role will analyse data in order to plan and implement strategies in order to manage the logistics of the company. As well as this responsibility, you can expect your duties to include the following:
- Oversee and manage logistics, warehouse, transportation and customer services.
- Direct, optimise and coordinate the full order cycle, overseeing the entire process to ensure a seamless delivery.
- Liaise and negotiate with suppliers, manufacturers, retailers and consumers.
- Keep track of quantity, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency.
- Oversee the warehouse, catalogue goods, plan routers and process shipments, ensuring a seamless delivery of any client deliverables.
- Resolve any problems or complaints, demonstrating exceptional customer service and problem-solving skills.
- Supervise, coach and train the warehouse workforce in order to encourage progression within the team and ensure implementation of all regulations within the company.
- Strive to meet cost, productivity, accuracy and timeline targets.
- Maintain metrics and analyse data in order to assess performance and implementation improvements.
Key skills and qualifications of a Logistics Manager:
The following skills will be beneficial to a candidate looking to apply for this role:
- Previous experience managing a company’s’ logistics department is essential for this role.
- A record of successful distribution and logistics management is essential for this role.
- A demonstrated ability to lead and manage staff is essential for this role.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and organisational skills are essential for this role.
- The ability to work independently and handle multiple projects is an essential skill for this role.
- A BS in Business Administration, Logistics or Supply Chain is beneficial for this role.
How to find more Logistics Manager job opportunities?
If the above sounds like a position that you would be suitable for, then please contact us here.