The main role of a Post Fixture Operative is concerned with vessel scheduling and voyage planning. This is a job that would suit someone who has experience in chartering and is highly organised.
A Post Fixture Operative will be based at the company’s offices. You will work as part of a team and will be involved in daily contact with external agencies such as ports and HM Customs and so good communication skills are essential in this role.
What does the Job description include?
- You may be required to charter ships on a voyage or time charter. In this instance you will liaise directly with chartering and shipping companies.
- A Post Fixture Operative is responsible for voyage planning, which includes giving arrival notices both at load and discharge ports.
- You will request Bills of Lading instructions, check stowage plans for accuracy and feasibility, ensuring that relevant information is passed to interested parties who require the information to ensure smooth operation.
- You may also be responsible for the co-ordination and follow up between captains, ship owners, agents and stevedores in loading and discharging ports.
- Working with cargo operations will also involve calculating fees eg port disbursements and settlements, as well as freight cost estimations for customers.
Key skills and qualifications of a Post Fixture Operative:
- Applicants should be educated to a high standard.
- Previous experience as a Post Fixture Operative may be required, or experience in some area of voyage planning may be acceptable.
- Strong organisational skills are a key requirement of this position and the ability to file correspondence.
- As a Post Fixture Operative you will be engaged in daily conversation and communication with both customer and external agencies, and so you must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You must have a high level of understanding of Microsoft office and any other computer software associated with the shipping industry.
How to find more Post Fixture Operative jobs within the Maritime Industry:
To find more Post Fixture Operative jobs or other Maritime jobs within this sector, or to place a vacancy, please contact us.