There are many great career opportunities within Exports and a good place to start is a Sea Freight Export Clerk. This job primarily deals with researching and planning the best means of transport of specified goods using whatever mode of transportation is required in order to be within budget and to meet customer deadlines.
Starting your Export career as a Sea Freight Export Clerk will expose you to the forefront of exporting goods and services overseas. The role of Sea Freight Export Clerk is particularly important as it serves to ensure all goods and services have been prepared correctly and legally for transportation.
What does a Sea Freight Export Clerk job description include?
- The job of Sea Freight Export Clerk involves client liaison and so a high level of customer services is required. You will also be expected to work closely with both internal and external agents to ensure the transportation of cargo is done in the most cost effective and efficient way.
- The Sea Freight Export Clerk will plan the route for transporting goods overseas including negotiating fees and contracts on behalf of the client
- You will check and prepare all documentation to ensure details are correct and compliant with Customs requirements and ensure all insurance requirements are also in place.
- It is also the duty of the Sea Freight Export Clerk to ensure the goods are in compliance with overseas countries’ requirements and fiscal regimes so that goods are transported quickly and efficiently thereby keeping costs to a minimum.
- You may also be asked to produce management reports detailing statistical and unit cost analysis to demonstrate that you are operating in a cost effective manner.
- You will also be responsible for issuing and managing invoices inline with company accounting procedures ensuring that all paperwork is prepared in a timely manner to coincide with accounting periods.
- The Sea Freight Export Clerk may also be involved with generating new sales and opening up opportunities for the company.
Key skills and qualifications of a Sea Freight Export Clerk:
- Depending upon the vacancy, you may be required to have had previous Export experience, or be able to demonstrate you have the skill set required through other previous work experience.
- As a Sea Freight Export Clerk, you will be required to be an excellent communicator both verbally and in writing as you will be expected to liaise with internal and external agencies.
- Accuracy and attention to detail is essential as well as a sound understanding of basic finance is required in the role of Sea Freight Export Clerk.
- You will work as part of a team and so it is important that you have good interpersonal skills but that you can also work unsupervised to deadlines and company targets.
- You must be able to operate Microsoft Office eg Word, Excel etc.
How to find more Sea Freight Export Clerk jobs within the Freight Forwarding Industry:
To find more Sea Freight Export jobs or other jobs within this sector, or to place a vacancy, please contact us.