The role of a Commercial Removals or Relocation Surveyor is critical to any proposed commercial move. It is the Surveyor’s job to assess the volume of a proposed move, how long it will take, how much it will cost and to identify any possible difficulties such as access or special requirements.
Working as a Commercial Removals or Relocation Surveyor is a great way to develop a career within the Business Moving Sector. This very interesting and challenging role, often leads to career development into senior manager or director roles within the industry. As a Removals Surveyor in this industry, you can expect to meet many varied corporate/commercial clients with move requirements both within the UK and overseas.
What does the job include?
- As a Commercial Relocations or Removals Surveyor, you will more than likely be working as part of a team, liaising with the sales and operations teams within the organisation as part of your daily routine.
- You will be expected to visit prospective clients to assess their move requirements and to provide them with a detail breakdown of costs and estimated time.
- A Commercial Relocation or Removals Surveyor may be asked to calculate the move requirements for both businesses but also employees of a company who may be relocating. A proposed move could be within the UK or international.
- The Commercial Relocation or Removals Surveyor will prepare detailed reports with recommendations for their clients and will up sell when an opportunity presents itself.
- You will liaise directly with clients via email and telephone ensuring clients are kept up-to-date with progress of their proposed move and answering any questions, which may arise or be cause for concern.
Key skills and qualifications of a Commercial Removals or Relocation Surveyor:
- You will be expected to hold relevant qualifications related to the job of a Commercial Relocation or Removals Surveyor.
- To be successful in this role, you must be able to demonstrate that you can accurately estimate the volume of commercial equipment and IT Systems.
- Previous experience as a Surveyor within Commercial Removals and Relocation is desirable.
- In this role, you will be expected to travel and so you must hold a full, clean driving licence.
- As this role heavily relies upon developing close working relationships with both clients and colleagues, it is important that you have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Working within Commercial Removals requires familiarity with programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel but also industry standard software such CAD, Moveman, Moveplan, MoveAssist.
How to find more Commercial Relocation or Removal Surveyor jobs within the Commercial Relocations/Records Management Industry:
To find more Commercial Relocation or Removal Surveyor jobs or other jobs within this sector, or to place a vacancy, please contact us.