We are partnering with a Cambridge-based manufacturing company seeking an Assistant buyer to join their team.
Working alongside the rest of the procurement team, this is an exciting opportunity to develop an understanding of supply chain.
- Lead the improvement of Trade and Technical Compliance engagement with Suppliers.
- Progress evidence collation and upload information to Data Management Systems for internal and external review.
- Co-ordinate data acquisition, consolidation, and publication of the Vendor Performance Rating League
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the Vendor Managed Inventory process by working with the current Buyer.
- Take charge of the day-to-day maintenance, including stock level and liability review.
- Competitively tender VMI items to ensure optimum costs remain competitive. Work with Wesco and Liverpool to improve the coverage and process of VMI purchases.
- Work with other Purchasing Team members to identify, understand and quantify sources of risk in the supply chain and propose actions to help reduce
- Understand how to monitor and measure purchasing cost drivers. Identify opportunities for reducing costs, supporting the minimization of IPV and cost increases.
- Assist in generating management reports.
- Understand process mapping and optimization and use of systems/tools that support the Purchasing function.
- Participate in the management of engineering change (ECOs, TCNs, PCNs) effectively through use of Agile and Oracle ECOs and TCNs.
- Surveying, reporting, and improving compliance.
- Basic understanding of Supply Chain is essential, but no previous supply chain experience is needed.
- Experience in a business administrative role.
- Knowledge of MS Office with potential exposure to Business Systems including ERP/MRP and data base systems.
- Preferably HNC / HND, A-Levels or similar qualifications.
- Proven track record of achievement in a range of administrative roles involving supplier engagement.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of current purchasing practices and techniques.
- Knowledge of accountancy techniques including costing and budgeting.
- Well organized with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work individually and collaboratively.
- Good time management and prioritisation skills with the ability to work under pressure.
- Desire to progress within Supply Chain.