We are working with a market leading Fine Art Shipping company who are looking for a Facilities Technician to join their expanding team in New York.
The Facilities Technician will ensure all general work requests and day to day maintenance of the facility are completed to a high standard with the supervision of the Facilities Engineering Manager.
- Maintenance of equipment such as HVAC and plumbing equipment alongside repairing the equipment if needed
- Ensuring that mechanical equipment is operational and meeting all requirements by following manufacturers instruction manuals and ensure you are troubleshooting any malfunctions
- Repair and install low voltage electrical work such as re-wiring or installing light fixtures
- Installation and repairs of drywall and spackle when needed
- Alongside the Facilities Manager ensuring the maintenance of the facility is kept to a high standard.
- Ensure the stock is maintained to keep track of inventory, cleaning supplies and spare parts for any mechanical equipment
- Working with the Manager to order any maintenance materials that are needed for the upkeep of the building
- Communicate with various areas of the business regarding any facilities maintenance that is planned to happen
- Attend a weekly meeting
- Complete daily inspections of the facility to check the general building conditions such as cleaning carpets, painting, landscaping alongside checking fire pump rooms, roof drains and ensure any problems are reported back to the manager
- Escort vendors when needed throughout the building
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment ensuring it complies with all procedures, rules, and regulations
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar position
- Experience working with BMS, fire alarms and security systems are preferred
- HVAC or Journey license and certification is desirable
- Certifications for Fire Guard (FO1), Sprinkler Standpipe (S14) and Fire Pump (S13) is preferred
- Ability to work in an office setting, duties include and are not limited to liaising with clients in a professional manner, write any correspondence needed, write service requests
- Hold a valid driver license or have reliable transportation
- Flexibility with working hours, occasional night or weekend shift required
- Flexibility with On-call availability