Our client, an international Fine Art Shipping company is looking for Art Handlers to join their team in New York, USA.
The successful candidate will have at least 2/3 years’ experience working for a Gallery, Auction House or a Fine Art Shipping company and experience working closely with customers and support their requirements to the best of your ability.
You will also have knowledge of DOT rules and regulations, and have a clean driving licence with the ability to drive up to a 26ft Straight Truck (CDL not required).
Fine Art Handler Key Duties:
- Install, and de-install artwork
- Assist handling teams in the field, for example at art fairs, auction houses, installations etc.
- Ensure the cleanliness of the vehicles interior and exterior, and report any issues immediately
- Carry out inventory management
- Maintain the safety and security of the trucks at all times
- Complete regular reporting, including conditions reports with photographs
- File required paperwork in a timely and accurate manor
- Complete logbooks, medical cards and possible safety inspections and compliance
- Ensure all consignments are labelled correctly
- Carry out Risk Management where required
- Maintain the safety and security of the warehouse and storage facilities
- Adhere to clients requests, and provide a high level of customer service
- Ensure the safety of property, and adhere to all handling guidelines
Skills and Experience:
- Experience using liftgates, loading and unloading crates, and museum standard bracing techniques
- Education to a bachelor’s degree
- Proficiency in Microsoft Applications
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to prioritise workload
- Good problem solving skills