Back to Job Search
Our client is currently looking for an experienced Fleet Compliance and Maintenance Manager to join their team on a remote basis within the Central Standard time zone.
The overall responsibility of this role is to plan, coordinate and supervise all fleet related duties, including asset utilisation, vehicle maintenance and repair and fleet regulatory compliance.
- To maximise fleet assets, compile and prioritise vehicle repairs and maintenance tasks.
- Share with and organise among operational peers the prioritizations and anticipated service levels (return to service timelines).
- Conduct market research and develop relationships with independent contractors to offer warranty and repair services for vehicles.
- To reduce repair-related downtime and total cost of ownership, develop a fleet preventative maintenance strategy and coordinate and track operations for all fleet assets.
- Work in conjunction with Finance & AP on procurement; request, negotiate, and advocate for vendor bids/quotes for equipment, parts, and services to support fleet-related activities.
- Stay current with fleet-related regulatory standards (such as OSHA, DOT, and FMCSA); evaluate impact, suggest mitigating measures, and put resolutions into action.
- Maintain, submit, and update regulatory compliance records.
- Develop, record, and put into action fleet-related policies and procedures.
- Evaluate, monitor, and promote the needs and requirements for fleet employee training.
- Monitor the adherence of personnel who hold commercial driver's licences (CDL).
- Work together with the leadership group to determine the annual vehicle requirements based on operational needs and projections for cycling retirement.
- Work with suppliers to determine vehicle specs, secure annual inventories through fleet purchasing, and maximise CAP/VIP incentives while reducing costs. To optimise returned value, bargain with vendors to retire and remarket assets in accordance with fleet policies.
- Examine fleet-related data to identify effects on fleet operations; then, suggest and put into practise operational modifications based on the results of the analysis.
- Assist in setting up, maintaining, and updating fleet-related management and information systems (fuel cards, GPS, telematics, DVIR and maintenance).
- Assist with the planning and management of budgets across the fleet division.
- Several years of practical experience in fleet management, including managing daily fleet operations, developing operational changes, and managing personnel.
- Several years experience managing large fleets of vehicles, including asset utilisation, maintenance management, acquisition and remarketing DOT and FMCSA compliance, and fleet cycling strategies.
- Knowledge of essential fleet management tools, such as data analytics, GPS and telematics, work and maintenance management systems, and fuel cards.
- A valid driver's licence.
- Displays a high level of integrity and discernment.
- A proactive focus on stakeholders and a cooperative service mindset.
- Receptive to new and evolving operational and service delivery technologies and approaches.
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication abilities.