Alchemy is currently partnering with a global technology firm who are looking to recruit a Hyperion Cloud Engineer to be based onsite in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
Is responsible for the design, building, implementation, system integration and commissioning of IT services, within the scope of the Solution Architecture developed under the responsibility of the Architect. Contributes to the Solution Architecture. Delivers and manages built IT services for business, user and non-functional requirements. Develops proof of concepts, designs, develops and tests systems, and integrates hardware, software, and network solutions. Determines project and Epics requirements, non-functional requirements and user stories, and develops IT Services. IT Specialists have a thorough understanding of products, features and services within their field of expertise.
Purpose of the job:
- Delivery of built IT Services and products and performance of a technological leadership role in providing support during build, implementation, tests, system integration and maintenance.
What will you do:
Generic tasks (related to building own software as well as 3rd party software package configuration including cloud):
- Analysis and Designs.
- Continuously improves the automation of testing and deployment tools and activities.
- Arranges and operates Development- and Test environments of systems in scope.
- Participates in integration activities with other Squads/Teams.
- Realizes non-functional requirements, for example regarding Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability, risk, compliance and security, in line with existing policies and at all levels (OS, middleware, application, chain and ING level).
- Applies version control and software configuration management.
- Creates test cases and test scripts, tests applications in the Test environment and gathers test evidence.
- Solves findings found during testing.
- Performs route cause analyses.
Tasks related to building own software:
- An understanding of the relevant Operating System (Unix, Windows, etc.) and middleware.
- Knowledge of risks between the application/DB, OS and middleware.
- Specific for a Data environment: transforms data (ETL) from source- to target format using appropriate tooling.
- Specifies deployment and rollback scripts.
- Test and executes deployment and rollback scripts in the Test environment.
- Applies Continuous Delivery practices in the Squad: automated Compile, Build, Deploy, Test and maintenance of Continuous Delivery tooling and scripting.
- Builds and maintains scripts and/or technically configures 3rd party software packages, based on an understanding of the relevant scripting- and configuration tools of the concerned software package, as well of its stack requirements.
- Deploys 3rd party software package, scripts and configuration into the Test environment.
- Applies Continuous Delivery practices in the Squad: automated Deploy, Test and maintenance of Continuous Delivery tooling and scripting.
- You have over all 10 years of experience in Hyperion Suite of Applications and 5 years of experience in cloud Hyperion.
- Application tools like EPBCS, PCMCS, FCCS and EDM (is a must).
- Minimum 1 or 2 complete E2E implementation of Hyperion Cloud Application which must include : design, development, documentation, metadata management, free form planning, business rule and groovy scripting.
- You are a team player. Teamwork is one of the core competencies of the Dev Engineer. Since you work in multidisciplinary teams, it is important that you work well with people and share information that is important for others. You are open to the input of others and you are prepared to learn from them. You place the importance of a common goal above personal goals. This way, you encourage teamwork in order to achieve mutual goals.
- Professional Expertise/ market focus. You are passionate about IT. You work on the development of your knowledge in certain fields and as your level of experience increases, you also develop deeper and broader knowledge. At the highest level within this function, the focus of professional expertise shifts to vision. Your skill level enables you to have a strategic outlook on the future and make a link between the current situation, developments, the corporate strategy and the long-term vision.
- As an Dev Engineer, you are able to make good analyses. Problem analysis and judgement is therefore an essential competency in this profile. To the customer, you act as an expert in analyzing requirements. You are familiar with potential problems related to the IT products to be implemented and as you develop, you increase your ability to anticipate these problems.
- Performance motivation: a Dev Engineer consistently tries to improve performance and the IT services provided. You continuously focus on improving your personal performance and that of your team. You strive to achieve high work standards and are not satisfied with average levels of performance.
- Flexibility is required in order to get things done. You do not just give up when things are not going well, and you know who or where to turn to within the organization if you need support.
- Besides his/her persuasiveness, a successful Dev Engineer also has the ability to adjust his/her style of communication to and take into account the interests of the people he/she is addressing. Within the multidisciplinary teams in which you work, you are able to use arguments that appeal to the people taking part in the discussion and you present your arguments in measured doses at crucial moments. At higher levels, you influence higher management and different stakeholders.
- Customer focus and customer interests paramount: a successful Dev Engineer comes up with solutions that meet the needs of the customer. You understand the customer's needs and wishes and you can therefore advise the customer on the best IT solution based on your professional expertise.
- Planning and organization: the planning and organization competency is highly important when it comes to performing the activities in a good flow of sprints. This involves the ability to accurately assess the size of the units, to set their priority and to schedule them. Of course, this also involves progress monitoring, ensuring that scheduled tasks are completed on time.
- You are an Orange Code role model.
- You are always a step ahead.
- You take it on and make it happen.
- You help other be successful.
Hyperion Technical specification:
- Hyperion suite : EPBCS, FCCS, PCMCS and EDM (is a must)
- Cloud Scripting : Groovy (is a must)
- Free form planning, Business Rule (is a must)
- Knowledge of dimension modelling
- Management Accounting (planning/budgeting) process
- Cost allocation process