We are partnering with a leading logistics provider seeking a motivated and experienced Import Export Specialist to join their expanding team.
The successful candidate will be dealing with shipping operations from start to finish to ensure a smooth and organised process.
- Manage major customers' domestic and international import and export cargo
- Make arrangements with steamship lines and/or truckers for shipments.
- Assist loading facilities, truckers, ocean carriers, and other suppliers in the United States and abroad.
- For each shipment, prepare the necessary documents.
- Tracking and tracing of cargo
- Update shipment and customer information in all systems.
- Continue to communicate with customers and provide updates.
- Manage all pricing for critical client accounts to ensure that the system has the necessary information for invoicing.
- Send invoices to customers in a timely manner to ensure prompt payment.
- Assign other relevant responsibilities as needed.
- A minimum of 5 years of Import & Export logistics experience.
- Fluent Spanish speaking
- Experience working with bills of lading, customs clearance, letters of credit, and multiple modes of transportation (ocean, drayage, trucking) required.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of incoterms.