A Global Development and Manufacturing company are looking for an International Trade Compliance Manager to join their team in Cambridge.
The main focus of this role is to ensure compliant and on time delivery of products to customers, distributors and production facilities. Manage all Group customs activities as well as develop and drive the Group Trade Compliance strategy and all related Logistics and Supply Chain compliance needs.
- Responsible for ensuring worldwide compliance with international trade regulations.
- Liaise with key stakeholders across all office locations and external legal bodies.
- Oversee a team of 2
- Provide expert advice and guidance on commercial & operations projects, particularly focused on in country regulations, license requirements, product restrictions for importation
- Lead on Site reviews audits of current trade compliance internal controls
- Provide counsel on required changes or improvements and follow up.
- Work proactively with departments to prevent trade disruptions
- Create and manage an internal Trade Compliance Audit schedule, focused on best practice and process
- Manage the application process for export/import licenses, permits, and other requests for authorization.
- Manage export controls and ensure all records are up to date with Trade regulations
- Analyse and interpret export and import regulations
- Ensure all processes are carried out in line with internal policies
- Build good working relationships with HRMC, chamber of commerce, DIT and other external regulatory bodies
- Take the lead across the organisation for trade compliance strategy
- Understand and support commercial and operational strategies
- Managing the need for export and import licenses
- Ensuring the correct application of customs legislation in terms of valuation, tariff classification and country of origin (preferential and non-preferential) across all sites
- Strong experience in Trade Compliance
- International Trade/Supply Chain Qualifications
- Strong export controls and dual use classification knowledge
- Experience with trade compliance information systems
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- In depth understanding of tariff classifications, customs valuations and origin determination
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to influence and challenge across all levels of business
- Familiar with international shipping documents
- Experience of International Transport, international Imports and Exports and Freight.
- Working Knowledge of Dangerous Goods transportation
- National and International Travel will be required.