Back to Job Search
Alchemy are currently partnering with a global technology firm who are looking to recruit a Manufacturing Engineer to be based onsite in San Diego, CA.
- Responsible for developing manufacturing processes, production floor layouts and associated tools.
- Reviews new designs for manufacturability.
- Designs process improvements to reduce product cost, process cycle time and improved product quality.
- Identifies and implements safety improvements across multiple production lines.
- Responsible for the design and implementation of machine improvements and capital equipment project management activities.
- Proficient in mechanical design and troubleshooting.
- Supports the plant manufacturing effort, with proven ability to identify problems and pursue plans toward their resolution.
- Specific focus will be in areas of improving upon chronic levels of quality, waste and equipment efficiencies.
- Has knowledge of proper Engineering practices and vendor relationships.
- Responsible for coordinating activities between equipment vendors, Division R & D and plant functional departments on his/her assignments.
- Ability to handle projects of a moderate to large scope.
- Will be required to handle several assignments (project & process duties) simultaneously.
- Responsible for the recommendation of capital equipment or process modifications, their physical installation, debugging and associated training of production personnel.
- As required within the scope of his/her duty, be responsible for all associated documentation, including; however not limited to, the following; Validations, Manufacturing Procedures, Preventive Maintenance schedules, Change Notifications, spare parts listings, etc.
- Directs the efforts of support personnel such as machinists and technicians, etc. in the modification, adjustment, removal and installation of new or existing equipment as required.
- Works independently with minimal guidance.
- Usually determines own work priorities.
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Very good communication skills.
- Some automation experience.
- Likes to work in Manufacturing environment.
- Quick Learner Preferred.
- Experience working in Manufacturing environment.
- Experience in taking multiple manufacturing task and simplifying using technology.
- Programming in Lab View or other data acquisition system.
- Software: Labview, Solid Works, Pro E.
- experience working on mistake proofing.