One of our most exciting clients has an amazing opportunity to join their team in Palo Alto as a Senior Corporate Accounting Analyst. Their business is a pioneer within the technology sector and the software they have developed is the foundation of major scientific breakthroughs and research.
As a software firm, one of our greatest expenditures is labour, and the first task this job will face will be redesigning the payroll accounting process and determining how we can offer more value to the organisation. You'll work closely with the operational and international accounting teams and oversee assisting the Corporate Accounting team in closing the books on a monthly basis, as well as developing internal controls, automation, and process improvements. We look for problem solvers who aren't happy with the status quo and are energised by the prospect of improving the efficiency or accuracy of current procedures.
- Payroll, cash, and other activities for US and international subsidiaries should be recorded in the accounting system.
- Assist the Payroll Operations team with accounting expertise and serve as the point person for any payroll-related financial audit requests.
- As part of the month-end closure process, collaborate with upstream and downstream teams to undertake flow analysis and provide accounting advice for connected transactions.
- To support expansion, scalability, and enhanced compliance, implement and record enhancements to the payroll and cash process.
- Possibility of taking on more advanced duties.
- 4+ years of accounting or finance experience, with a minimum of 2 years in general corporate accounting, public accounting is preferred).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to operate independently and as part of a team.
- Previous experience working with multinational teams is beneficial.
- Strong organisational and attention to detail abilities; able to multitask and maintain accuracy in work products in a fast-paced, dynamic setting.
- A problem-solving technique that is both analytical and inventive, with a track record of process improvement.
- Working understanding of financial reporting and general ledger accounting.
- Experience with NetSuite, Workday, ADP, Safeguard, and GTreasury is a plus.
- A bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or a closely related subject is necessary.