Back to Job Search
A prestigious fine art company are looking for an enthusiastic Transport Coordinator to join their growing team based in London.
- Oversee a staff of over 30 driver technicians on a daily basis and hold various meetings on procedures, communication and discipline.
- Assist Operator license holders in ensuring the following criteria is met:
- Ensure that all traffic and vehicle laws are followed.
- Keep adequate records and follow the guidelines for driver's hours.
- Make sure that trucks and trailers are not overloaded.
- Ascertain that vehicles follow speed limitations.
- Maintain the fit and serviceability of motor vehicles and trailers.
- Any flaws that may jeopardise the safe operation of vehicles or trailers should be reported as soon as possible.
- Approve transportation staff’s holiday and sickness requests.
- Organise and provide technical skills training for new hires as well as refresher training for current personnel.
- Conduct frequent inspections to ensure that the vehicles have the proper equipment and materials on board.
- Ensure that driver technicians have the proper tools and fittings.
- Fill out the transport diary with transport jobs.
- As needed, booking of external resources.
- Create a daily workload schedule for up to 30+ drivers/technicians.
- Verify that the information provided for each job is accurate, and that cross-departmental contact is maintained.
- Gather drivers' folders for the next day's excursions and double-check all paperwork.
- Handle small cash.
- As needed, process and report accident forms.
- Enter transportation charges into AMS.
- Experience in the transportation industry, as well as a thorough understanding of the United Kingdom's geography, is required.
- Knowledge of the Working Time Regulations of 1998 is required.
- Ability to function well under duress.
- Highly collaborative with excellent internal and external communication abilities and administrative excellence with a keen eye for detail.
- Ability to keep accurate and legible records, as well as filing and monitoring systems.
- Strong computer literacy and strong numerical and analytical abilities.
- Time management skills and the ability to see tasks through to completion.
- Knowledge of the art world would be beneficial.
- Assists colleagues, clients, and suppliers in resolving security issues and, if necessary, escalates them.