As an Exhibition Coordinator, your main responsibility will be the organisation of art logistics for exhibitions in art spaces, including galleries, museums, auctions and private viewings, as well as the general overseeing of the entire exhibition process.
Exhibition Coordinator Job Duties:
As an Exhibition Coordinator, you can expect your duties to include the following:
- You will be responsible for communicating with all client accounts throughout the entire exhibition process, ensuring excellent service at all times.
- You will be responsible for ensuring that the transportation of artworks between spaces is carried out in the most cost efficient way, ensuring all budgets are kept in mind.
- You will be responsible for carrying out all relevant documentation and ensuring that all issues are dealt with correctly and effectively.
- You will be responsible for authorising all purchase invoices.
- You will be responsible of the overseeing of art transportation, ensuring all custom documentation is correct and completed on a timely basis.
Key skills and qualifications of an Exhibition Coordinator:
The following skills will be beneficial to a candidate looking to apply for this role:
- You will need strong administrative and computer literacy skills.
- You will need excellent time management skills and the ability to multi task is essential, as you could be working on multiple projects at a time.
- The ability to effectively solve problems and playing close attention to detail is vital.
- Exceptional knowledge of all transportation producers and relevant documentation is vital.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills are required for this role.
- You will be required to have experience within a similar role, within art shipping and logistics.
Is an Exhibition Coordinator job in your future?
If the above sounds like a position that you would be suitable for, then please contact us.