As an Exhibition Manager, your main responsibilities will be the organisation and managing of art events and exhibitions, overseeing the entire process whilst ensuring everything is completed in an effective and timely manner.
Exhibition Manager Job Duties:
You can expect your duties to include the following:
- You will be responsible for the planning and organisation of art fairs, exhibitions, trade shows and other events on behalf of a gallery or art institution.
- You will be responsible for liaising directly with Artists, Conservationists and Registrars.
- You will be responsible for managing the exhibition space in the gallery or booking space in the Art Fair’s venue.
- Ensuring the event or exhibition is well advertised; working closely with the PR team to make sure event information and invites are sent in a timely manner.
- You will be responsible for taking part in the design process with curators for the exhibitions and/or events, deciding how best to showcase the work within a given space.
- You will organise the logistics and warehouse inventory, ensuring that all artworks are properly wrapped, packed, and delivered.
- You will be responsible for ensuring that everyone carries out the proper health and safety procedures at all times.
- You will oversee the site team installing the exhibition, making amends where necessary.
Key skills and qualifications of an Exhibition Manager:
The following skills will be beneficial to a candidate looking to apply for this role:
- You will need great organisational skills, as well as the ability to work well under pressure.
- Having experience in art event management is beneficial.
- The ability to communicate effectively with a diverse range of people is essential.
- You will need strong multi tasking abilities and problem solving skills.
- A keen interest in art and design, and/or a background in art related project management is essential for this role.
- Previous experience in a managerial role is essential.
Is an Exhibition Manager job in your future?
If the above sounds like a position that you would be suitable for, then please contact us here.