An Expatriate Tax Manager works to manage expatriate tax projects, usually within a professional services company. Working as part of an expatriate tax team, an International Tax Manager will work in tax compliance and advisory services.
They will also be involved in consulting with large MNC’s advising on expatriate tax and developing and managing these client relationships. Expatriate Tax Manager jobs can sometimes involve opportunities for secondments, career development and work overseas, depending on the employer.
What does the job involve?
- Project managing the day-to-day delivery of tax projects using technical and business skills.
- An Expatriate Tax Manager job requires strong communication skills as well as the ability to interpret and present reports to a management level.
- Working as an Expatriate Tax Manager you will need to build, maintain and create customer relationships by offering high levels of service. They will also have a responsibility to win work for their firm.
- You may be required to manage junior team members and so the ability to train and communicate effectively is desirable.
- Working within Expatriate Tax requires a Tax Manager to work as part of a team and so interpersonal skills are essential.
Key skills and qualifications of an Expatriate Tax Manager:
- Qualifications requested might include IR Enrolled Agent, ATT, ACA, CA or CTA, for example.
- Candidates applying for Expatriate Tax Manager jobs may need to be graduates or have equivalent work experience.
- Working within Expatriate Tax you will need to have experience of tax return sign off.
- An Expatriate Tax Manager needs to be able to demonstrate excellent business and risk management skills to be able to extract maximum value from their projects whilst managing the risk for their clients and their firm. This requires both experience and business acumen.
- You will be required to have strong organisational skills and the ability to file data logically and efficiently.
- Previous management experience is desirable.
- Must be familiar with computer programs eg Microsoft Office and any specified employer accounting programs.
How to find more Expatriate Tax Manager jobs within the Assignment Services and Global Mobility:
To find more Expatriate Tax Manager jobs or other jobs within this sector, or to place a vacancy, please contact us.