An experienced and skilled Immigration Attorney will oversee the preparation of the US Immigration cases, before signing and formally submitting the application. The Immigration Attorney will need an in-depth knowledge of the US immigration law and particularly employment based applications, in order to provide specialist advice when responding to client enquiries.
If excelling in this role, the Immigration Attorney may have the opportunity to further progress into a Senior Immigration Attorney position. If the above sounds like a career path of interest, please view the full job description.
Immigration Attorney Duties:
The Immigration Attorney will prepare and submit a variety of US employment based Immigration applications and act as the subject matter expert for all queries that may arise during the process.
As well as this responsibility, you can expect your duties to include the following:
- Working with a variety of clients to prepare petitions and applications for both non-immigrant and immigrant applications for foreign national employees.
- Prior experience across H-1B, L-1, TN and PERM applications is required.
- Act as the first point of contact for all US Immigration queries and questions.
- Ensure the firm’s internal database is continuously updated and that relevant information is being communicated correctly, and that cases are continually progressed.
- Remain up to date with any new changes to US immigration policies and communicate these changes back to the business and clients.
- Provide regular updates to the firms’ clients regarding the progress and status of their US Immigration case.
- Update and manage the company’s administration forms.
Key skills and qualifications of an Immigration Attorney:
The following skills will be beneficial to a candidate looking to apply for this role:
- Juris Doctor and admitted to a state bar.
- 3+ years US Employment based immigration experience.
- Significant experience across employment based applications.
- Prior experience managing a high volume case load across H-1B, L-1, TN and PERM applications.
- Ability to source and win new client accounts.
- Excellent attention to detail is a requirement for this role.
Is an Immigration Attorney role in your future?
If the above sounds like a position that you would be suitable for, then please contact us here.