A skilled and experienced UK Immigration Paralegal will prepare a variety of UK immigration applications, ensuring they are completed in a timely and efficient manner. The UK Immigration Paralegal will provide a range of legal support, offering area expertise to assist with responding to any client enquiries or issues that may arise.
If excelling in this role, the Immigration Paralegal may have the opportunity to further progress onto a training contract. If the above sounds like a career path of interest, please click here to view the full job description.
Immigration Paralegal Duties:
The role of an Immigration Paralegal supports the Immigration Solicitor with the preparation and drafting of Business UK Immigration applications and ensuring they are submitted in a timely manner.
As well as this responsibility, you can expect your duties to include the following:
- Strong knowledge of UK immigration systems and particularly across the Points Based System (PBS) and Tier 2 applications.
- Initial point of contact for queries on live UK Immigration cases.
- Prepare and draft UK Immigration applications and the associated supporting documentation.
- Correspond with corporate clients, immigration officials and government bodies.
- Manage a high volume of UK Immigration cases effectively and work with strict timelines.
- Ensure the company’s internal database is accurately and continuously updated with any changes to live UK Immigration applications.
- Maintain strong relationships with existing clients in order to secure repeated business or future business.
- Understand and work through both legal and practical issues that are associated with the UK Immigration process, and the appropriate steps to be taken at each stage of the process.
Key skills and qualifications of an Immigration Paralegal:
The following skills will be beneficial to a candidate looking to apply for this role:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience within Business based immigration cases within a respected law firm.
- In-depth knowledge and extensive experience across the PBS and Tier 2 applications.
- Prior experience working within a high-volume environment.
- The ideal candidate will need to make clear judgment calls to an extremely high standard.
- A strong initiative and the ability to work independently is essential for this role.
- Exceptional client service skills will be required for this role.
- The ideal candidate will have the ability to manage their own caseload and prioritise cases in accordance to urgency.
- The ability to meet deadlines is an essential skill for this role.
- A Bachelor’s degree is essential for the role.
Is an Immigration Paralegal role in your future?
If the above sounds like a position that you would be suitable for, then please contact us here.